Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I believe a few others have used this before, albeit a very few. IIRC, it will work fine. If it's that cheap, I see no reason not to try it out. You'll have to manually input the filters.

·
Super Moderator
9,257 Posts

is it worth a higher cost.
It appears to have more features, so that would make it worth the higher cost - if you need them. Also, it looks fairly nice, while the FBQ is downright ugly. That might be worth something, if you feel the same way. It might also be a better choice for full-range use (you didn't say what you were going to do with it).

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
275 Posts
One thing I noticed in the 220i literature is that it lists the frequency response as 20hz -20khz. The FBQ2496 lists it's frequency response as <10hz - 44khz.

While it seems both units can only set filters down to 20 hz, being able to pass a signal through that is less than 20hz is pretty important for subwoofer use. :nerd:

Tim
:drive:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I`m going to eq my Tubesubs. The dbx has better specs but i cant use the REW with it. Have to evaluate this:reading:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can always use REW's nifty RTA feature for other equalizers, as I did here.

Regards,
Wayne
Thanks Wayne, i`ll order the dbx tomorrow ( have to pay 500 USD, it cost 1400 USD in Norway), and if i am lucky i`ll getting borrow a pro RTA at the recording studio ( the seller)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts