Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Have any members who own an Onkyo manufactured between 2009 and 2012, had the audio and / or network fail. Apparently, Onkyo have initiated an extended warranty till 31 December, 2018.

This is the third Onkyo AV that has died on me over a period of 7 years.

Cheers, Ron Alexander, Sydney Australia

·
Registered
146 Posts
I don't believe my fans died. I had a video issue when I first got the AVR. For some reason all but the two GAME HDMI inputs would fail. They had me reboot it and hadnt had a video problem since. It was the loss of audio output to my subs that made me send it in for the repair. They repair it with a new 'better' chip. Several people have had video and network issues that this chip addresses.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I don't believe my fans died. I had a video issue when I first got the AVR. For some reason all but the two GAME HDMI inputs would fail. They had me reboot it and hadnt had a video problem since. It was the loss of audio output to my subs that made me send it in for the repair. They repair it with a new 'better' chip. Several people have had video and network issues that this chip addresses.
Ok thanks good to know they are stepping up. I keep a laptop fan on my Onkyo 707(Drowned) 708 with air circulating out and never had a problem, well so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Afterlife 2
Thank you for the reply. Yes; I too took advantage of the extended warranty. However; this was my third Onkyo to fail, so I have replaced my Onkyo 818 (under repair) with a Marantz sr5009.
Cheers :relaxed:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi Afterlife 2
Thank you for the reply. Yes; I too took advantage of the extended warranty. However; this was my third Onkyo to fail, so I have replaced my Onkyo 818 (under repair) with a Marantz sr5009.
Cheers :relaxed:
Glad it applies to Aussie and congrats on the 5009.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts