Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im not sure if this is the appropriate place for me to post this since im not a sponsor or anything, so mods feel free to move it or w/e.

but i just thought you guys might like to now that since crown has updated their xls series of amps the older models (xls 202, xls 402, xls 602, and xls 802) are on sale super cheap. they are on musicians friend, amazon, and probably most any other place will price match it. but they are being sold for 150, 200, 250, and 300 for each respective model which is practically half off! i actually was able to get an 802 with free overnight shipping for only 270 due a screw up on their part! hope someone is able to take advantage of this!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys,

Not to be a dummy, but can these be used to power speakers instead of subs?

Are there any opinions on S.Q.? Also, do these models have loud fans? I need something to power my side channels. I'm using 2 XPA-1's for my mains and I planned on getting another (or a UPA-1) for my CC.

To be honest, I had considered getting two more UPA-1's for my sides, but this deal seems to be really good for the power you get.

Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I have the XLS-402 powering my mains which are B+W 801's and it does a fantastic job. Nice sound and no ground floor noise to speak of. The fans start loud but then they settle down and they are not too loud. It will be about as loud as a projector if you have it right next to you so not bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts