Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im not sure if this is the appropriate place for me to post this since im not a sponsor or anything, so mods feel free to move it or w/e.

but i just thought you guys might like to now that since crown has updated their xls series of amps the older models (xls 202, xls 402, xls 602, and xls 802) are on sale super cheap. they are on musicians friend, amazon, and probably most any other place will price match it. but they are being sold for 150, 200, 250, and 300 for each respective model which is practically half off! i actually was able to get an 802 with free overnight shipping for only 270 due a screw up on their part! hope someone is able to take advantage of this!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I'm building a ~650L Maelstrom-X LLT...
Do you think an XLS 802D a better choice than the EP2500 or EPX3000? if So I'll buy one!
The thing that's concerning me is that it can't be used in bridge mode at 4 ohms...

Although after reading up a bit more, it seems I can Y-split the reciever output into 2 amp inputs, and then wire both channel outputs independantly to the two sub inputs at ~1050WPC at 2 ohms

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i actualy called crown's tech support to check if it was ok to run it at a 4 ohm load bridged and they told me it would be alright and that an 802 would produce 2100 watts at 4 ohm mono and a 602 would produce 1680 at 4 ohm bridged.

i am using my 802 to power a ported CSS sdx15(4ohm) at 800 watts on one channel and a single sealed peerless xls at 8 ohm at 500 watts. idealy i will eventually get a second peerless at 8 ohm and be able to run it at 4 ohm bridged with one dual ten sealed and one ported 15 at the 2100 watts 4 ohm mono!

i havnt checked out the 2 ohm load capabailities of either behringer or crown amps since it wasnt a concern in my application, but i know that b&h photo has good prices on the behringer amps; so you have several options to get a lot of power at a super great price!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts