Discussion Starter #5
what did you think about it?

a guy local is selling a homewrecker with a 15 dayton classic for 300
do you think this is a fair price?

no amp included

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I built the HW just for fun and not to put into my system. I used some old JBL woofers from the old L112 series I had laying around. I did not have a separate amplifier to run the thing so it was run off my Adcom GFA 555 and I was not impressed because the Adcom was not designed for this kind of situation. It really needed a sub amp with enough juice to handle this thing.
That being said, I believe the House Wrecker has some potential with a good amp to run it, and I would definitely recommend the sheet of MDF required to build it for experimental purposes:T
The Wicked One is also a nice little dual 10'' pounder but it is really designed for a vehicle.
I also forgot to mention I built the Death Box and it was a fun little earth pounder as well.

Bottom line, go for it and if you don't like it tear it down and use for a camp fire:dumbcrazy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found them for sale for cheap and they fill a truck. I could talk for hours. I paid 80 dollars each. Solid boxes when made to spec. They work well in combinations, but I opened one up and added three woofers to bottom aim too. I found a sweet spot and everything came together. The box limits the sound since it is a bandpass, so opening it up changed the design a lot. My subwoofer seems to work well until you compare it to a velodyne or MK type,, it stops around 35 hz from my guess..my design is poor. That speaker setup has 6 drivers and a balanced impedance to 6 ohms . I used a old subwoofer amp. ;) .testing in progress.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts