Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using these???

I currently have a 7.1 setup with yamaha ns-333 as my side and rear surrounds. BB near me has the Def Tech Bipolar speakers on sale for $195 a piece, and have heard nothing but good things about bipolar speakers. I was wondering if buying the Def Techs and using them as my side surrounds would wpuld make since.

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One thing I did notice is my yamaha speakers o are 6ohms and the Def Techs are 8ohms.....would this cause an issue

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I have hybrid bi-pole/di-pole speakers in my system and like them very much but they are not Def Tech. I really like bi/di side surround speakers in a home theater system so I'd say go for it. Would not worry about the Ohm ratings.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have hybrid bi-pole/di-pole speakers in my system and like them very much but they are not Def Tech. I really like bi/di side surround speakers in a home theater system so I'd say go for it. Would not worry about the Ohm ratings.
7.1 or 5.1? and are you using them as sides, rears or both?

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I have a 5.1 but my surrounds are mounted directly to the side of seating position, about 3 ft above ear level, so I sit in the null.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have all the Def Tech BP8080ST speakers in my living room. They're really nice! Crisp clear sounds everywhere. Sounds like the price is right on them, I dont think you'll be disappointed in getting them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts