Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used REW few years ago but I'm still a newbie. Currently I want to set up REW again but I'm aksing my self, which of the default settings I should care about. Ofcourse I have to set up the 'Soundcard' parameters and load a calibration file for the MIC.

But what about the settings tab 'House Curve', 'Analysis' and 'Equaliser'? Should I care about them to getting started? I did look at these settings and have read the help wizard, but I do not understand much of that.

Actually I wonder why, for example, the parameters of 'Spectral Decay' differs from each channel (Left: HANN, Right: TUKEY 0.25)?
And what is the 'Equaliser' tab for? What default Equaliser should I select, if I have a DEQ2496 installed, which is unlisted there? Again, are the equaliser settings affect the measurements in any way?

For any help I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Welcome to HTS!!! :D I'm just getting into heavy use of REW myself, but I'll be happy to offer any help that I can after I've learned more myself.

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
Following the help file steps will set up what is needed, don't worry about the rest. EQ setting does not affect measurement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts