Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on vacation with my lovely girlfrield for 2 weeks. Had fun and everything like everyone should on their time off from reality. However, reality hit as soon as we walked through our front door and see a mess. The mess was the least of our problems as many of my electronics have been taken... Speakers and such are also gone! A very horrific sight indeed.

A police report has been filed and we are pretty much almost done cleaning as there is really nothing left but wires which used to be connected to amps, speakers, and even the tv. Pretty bummed as it took forever for me to save for these items, and I guess I gotta work hard and continue saving to put together another one.

Happy Holidays HTS and stay safe.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow - that just plain stinks. Sorry to hear it mate. :sad:
It most definately does considering I only really had it completed for 6 months... Which took me ages to save up for =(

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
sorry to read about your loss,i too went thru a similar sitch some years ago,i hope your homeowners or rental insurace picks up most of your tab.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I hope the scoundrels get caught.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
That is a bummer i worry about that far too often when we leave town, fortunatly for piece of mind my 175lb Mastiff and 65lb Boxer/shepard mix keep gaurd on the house.

I hope your insurance will take care of your loss.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Moving into a new house in the next couple weeks, just added rental insurance to the to do list. Sorry for your loss :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this. My home was broken into on a Christmas Eve while I was away from home. I hope you would also consider a alarm even if it doesn't call anywhere. I have mine setup for self monitoring with a voip adapter through next alarm. The importance of having one doesn't sink in until you've had your personal space invaded.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
My brother has been burglarized twice.
The first time made him mad but he got over it pretty quick and the homeowner's insurance replaced his stuff.
The second time it happened put him into some depression. It took him months to fill out the insurance claim and if I had not gone over there and "supervised" he may have just blown it off.
It took him quite a while to get over it.
Hope you have insurance so you get your stuff replaced quickly.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would donate a small amount if others were willing!! I hate thieves, criminals, useless pieces of scum...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys! Sadly I do not have any insurance, I still have not made up all the stuff yet sadly. Tough times right now. I only havea 32" an old receiver and some offbrand speakers that someone gave me for my bedroom.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys, I actually added in the alarm with monitoring system after. Its funny how some (like myself) never get security until after it has happened.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks guys, I actually added in the alarm with monitoring system after. Its funny how some (like myself) never get security until after it has happened.
Same with my Z28 ...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts