Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a D1LW 18 in sub off the net. I did so without having seen any T/S specs. Was I in for a suprise when I measured it on wt3. The Re of this thing is 38 ohms !!!!! a tag on the magnet says it is in fact a 32 ohm speaker ! Now my question is, how do I power this? My amp is really suited for 2 or 4 ohm. Can this be made to work,or am I stuck ? Why would they make the r so high? It would take a 5kw amp to pull any spl !!!. Any and all help is greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well not exactly what I was hoping to hear. But I am really starting to think thats about my only options. I wont ever buy blind again though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This woofer is normally driven with a custom Class D MOS amp.

I have the schematic for the amp but it's a prety scary setup with the MOSFETs hanging directly of a rectified 110V/

I bought the same speaker and actually have a pair of 3000TL which use this speaker. I am still deciding what to do next. I actually have 4 of these woofers and was thinking to use them in parallel to lower impedance to get to 8 ohms. Not sure this would realy work out though...

Were you able to measure all the T/S params for this speaker ?

Would be interested to get these params.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are the T/S parameters I have
Re 37.5 ohm
Fs 21 hz
Qts .310
Qes .334
Qms 4.406
Le 10.49mh
What kind of amp are you going to use on this high r sub? Do you have one of the def tec amps?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts