Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I've just installed REW, set it up and tried a few test measurements. But I can't find out, even by searching the help files or the forum, how to set a delay for the measurement to start, so I can get out of the room and close the door before the measurement starts, like my Yamaha room correction does. (It starts measuring 10 seconds after I press start.) Is there such a feature, or do I have to remote control my computer from another computer in another room to get credible results (without me as a diffusor in the room)?

Regards
Audun

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
how to set a delay for the measurement to start, so I can get out of the room and close the door before the measurement starts
Your presence in the room will be quite insignificant to the measurement results.

You can average the results over many sweeps though if you feel it's important.

brucek

·
Super Moderator
9,257 Posts

I agree, your being in the room isn't going to have any effect on the measurements. But even if it did, what good would it do to measure response that way? After all, you will be in the room when the system is in use!

REW isn't quite the same as a receiver's auto-calibration system. I expect they want you out of the room just in case you happen to be located directly between the mic and one of the speakers. That could whack the auto level setting function.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts