Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Demo Discs for Subwoofers, that can be bought or downloaded. Something with some of the best scenes for demoing subs potential ??

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Just s Edog stated there is scubasteves disc. There are also countless bass cds out there like bass mechaniks and others.

What are you trying to do as far as testing? Breaking in the driver? 20hz and up or other?

There are alos many THX reference discs also. Telarc CD's I could go on and on. I have countless discs but its just a matter of what is needed for what.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
I would not get a car sub test CD. I bought one a while back and it did not have much below about 50Hz. Seems to have been made for those who only want their subs to "hit".

Some of the HT video test DVDs have bass sweep tones that you could put into a loop. Then there is a good pipe organ CD.

For blu ray, U571 will give any sub a workout. Ghost Protocol is a good demo as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Yah just a matter of what your trying to do. The old school bass mekanic cd goes plenty below 50hz. Telarc Tchaikovsky 1812 has content down to 7hz also. But for fun just play this video and watch your subs dance. Be careful:

·
Banned
6 Posts
There's a pretty good list of good bass movies at avsforum, serach the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts :T (Got too few posts to be allowed linking...)

avsforum.com/t/1333462/the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just looking for a bluray with some of the best scenes to show off the cappabilities of quality subs.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
I dont think there is anything better than scubasteves demo video from avs. It is the best thing I have owned and its free.

Here is the download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?o350r60kr0x0m88

It is I think a 48gig download also. But it has sine sweeps and movie clips and everything. Just brilliant.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
There is very little out there on BR in terms of demos because of the limited options for authoring software and the highish cost of BR media.

A while back there used to be a number of assorted LFE demos available as torrents - some originated from AVSforum users, I believe.

If you want some variety, you might not want to rule out DVD demo material.

·
Registered
261 Posts
There are two Blu-ray demo discs that I know of. Technically there's three if you count the two versions from scubasteve as unique. There are torrent files in the links below

#1 & 1.5

Unfortunately, everyone thought it'd be a good idea to target BD50 media with their discs, not BD25. Superleo's has 175minutes of content on a BD50 which isn't exactly a great use of space IMHO. However, they're free, so I'll keep the grumbling to a minimum.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are two Blu-ray demo discs that I know of. Technically there's three if you count the two versions from scubasteve as unique. There are torrent files in the links below

#1 & 1.5

Unfortunately, everyone thought it'd be a good idea to target BD50 media with their discs, not BD25. Superleo's has 175minutes of content on a BD50 which isn't exactly a great use of space IMHO. However, they're free, so I'll keep the grumbling to a minimum.
But these files have to be burned to Blueray which i dont have ??

·
Registered
1 Posts
The "Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc" is actually design as segments and each segment can be burn to a double layered DVD (DVD+DL or DVD-DL). No BD burner required.

The only draw back of burning to DVD (BD9) is that not all players might play the disc. It is my experience that most players are capable of playing these types of disc, well worth trying.

On Version 2, will include an additional segment to better use the space when burning to BD... for those feeling some remorse on not using a BD50 to its full capacity :T

1 - 19 of 19 Posts