Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have had my Denon 1910 for about a week or so I have been trying for the life of me to figure out why the Pass through is not working. I have read the manual I have looked online for some answers but I could not find one. I have the PS3 hooked via HDMI in the first HDMI slot and it works as long as the receiver is on, but when I turn it off the Video goes to. Any help will be most appreciated.

P.S. Lesson learned next time I will just ask the question here.:doh:

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Marshall, that is right I get nothing once the Denon is turned off.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Marshall I get nothing no video or audio at all, the TV screen goes black, I thought with pass through I would at least get video.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took this from Denon's website:

[AVR-1910] 7.1 CH A/V Home Theater Multi-Source/Multi-Zone Receiver

• 90 watts per channel x 7 channels
  • Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital Surround EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIz decoding
  • DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS ES 6.1 Discrete, DTS ES 6.1 Matrix, DTS Neo:6 decoding
  • Anchor Bay VRS advanced analog and digital video upconversion and deinterlacing with 1080p 24Hz/60Hz pass-through
  • Audyssey MultEQ automatic room acoustic measuring and correction system
  • Audyssey Dynamic Volume, Audyssey Dynamic EQ
  • Sirius satellite ready
  • 4 HDMI inputs, 2 component inputs
I don't have the AVR doing upconversion that is handled by the PS3, if I understand your question right.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I play sometimes to 3 or 4 in the morning and I don't want to wake the family, nothing is worse than having the wife nag:foottap: that early in the morning.:D I guess I might have to do that then, Thanks Marshall.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Bill, I did what you said and it is working now the receiver is in standby and I am still getting video but the audio is a little sketchy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts