Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Setup:
AVR: Denon 2312ci
Mains/surround/center: Fluance SXHTB
Sub: Klipsch sub-12
TV: Panasonic UT50

I'm relatively new to all this. I purchased the AVR about 60 days ago and the sub-12 about 30 days ago. When I ran the Audyssey setup, everything seemed to work fine. However there is a "hole" in the frequency response in the 40-120Hz range. So I ran the Audyssey setup again this morning. During the setup, the couldn't be found by the AVR during the process. When I ran manual sound waves through the system (no Audyssey) The sub only responds at *really* low frequencies and the mains respond well down into the 80Hz range. The sub appears to be doing very little if anything. The sub is connected to the Denon sub pre-out and the "LFE/left" line-in on the Klipsch.

Any thoughts? I've got more hardware than intelligence is seems. :scratch:

Thanks and I hope everyone is having a happy holiday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your quick suggestion. The sub currently has the low-pass filter set to 140Hz and the gain is at 12-o`clock (mid-level).

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
really depressed. bought the Klipsch off Craigslist for a song. Had the previous owner test before I left, but it appears the sub is bad. I have a really old smaller 8" active Yamaha sub from a small room. when I plugged it in place of the Klipsch, everything seems to be fine.

looks like I will be looking for a repair shop to troubleshoot the Klipsch.:duh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts