Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am looking to build a subwoofer and was thinking of going with a kit from CSS. They are offering the Antimode 8033 as an add on to the kit for a discount. I am very new to the Denon 2313 that I have and don't know if the addition of the Antimode 8033 would be an asset for the new sub. I don't know where the cable in to the 8033 would come from out of the 2313 before continuing on to the amp for the sub. Any help on this dillema would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
302 Posts
May I suggest you start by moo baby moo (says the automatic censor)...
http://www.creativesound.ca/pdf/antimode8033Cinemaen.pdf

You'll find that this device appears to do two things:
- room correction
- allow addition of boost.
... and is placed in series between AVR LFE out and SW in.

The Denon has Audyssey, which provides room correction capability. Many SW plate amps have boost capability, although some require soldering. You're buying a "kit" so pick an amp with the required (or adjustable) boost and there's no net add to your system resulting from this unit, save, perhaps, from more resolution in bass correction.

What do you see reading the manual?

HAve fun,
Frank

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thank you for your reply. I was under the understanding that Audyssey would take care of room correction but because I don't have a sub now I wasn't sure if another method of correction was required. I don't think it is needed after all. I appreciate your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts