Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am purchasing a new 4k hdtv soon, and I am wondering if there is a way for my 2012 Denon AVR receiver can process the 4k, assuming not, is there a work around or is a new receiver necessary. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help me, I am a novice! Kevin

·
Registered
191 Posts
Look into some of the Sony UHD players. Many have two HDMI outputs that handshake independently for cases such as your's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

I am purchasing a new 4k hdtv soon, and I am wondering if there is a way for my 2012 Denon AVR receiver can process the 4k, assuming not, is there a work around or is a new receiver necessary. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help me, I am a novice! Kevin
Assuming you are using HDMI for both Audio and Video, then perhaps another solution might be to consider using an HDMI splitter connected to the output of your entertainment source.

This way, you could have one HDMI lead from the splitter going to your Denon AVR for audio, while another lead from the splitter is going to your display device.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Unfortunately, a splitter won't work here. Both outputs handshake together and limit the system to the EDID of the lesser component. This would then block 4k HDR and newer HDCP compliant content to the tv.
Hello All,

Assuming you are using HDMI for both Audio and Video, then perhaps another solution might be to consider using an HDMI splitter connected to the output of your entertainment source.

This way, you could have one HDMI lead from the splitter going to your Denon AVR for audio, while another lead from the splitter is going to your display device.

Just a thought...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts