Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever owned one of these and replaced it? looking for receiver replacement suggestions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have an external amp paired with the Denon and want to finally move on to HDMI and everything it has to offer. good time of year to do that. i enjoy the Denon but do find it a tad bright with my Paradigm Studio 60's. pre\pro is out of the question as my amp is 5 channel and i am running 6.1

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I still have one and still use it with my main system. It is also paired up with a couple of amps. Like you I would like to have a pre/pro or receiver with HDMI but, just can't seem to let go of the 3805. Have not done a whole lot of research but have been considering a new Denon, though I really don't like the look of them. Also looking at Marantz and Outlaw. Maybe one day I'll upgrade...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My amp is an Emotiva XPA 5 Gen 2. all speakers are Paradigm Studio V5 running a 6.2 configuration. I would say I am a 2 channel listener 75% and HT and TV taking up the rest. considering something in the Yamaha Aventage line

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Rx-a1040/2040 would be a tank. I like Yamaha and Marantz for your needs. I think you'll probably find pre-out cheapest from onkyo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts