Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I'm currently piecing together bits and pieces for my home theatre room and happened along this little gem of a deal. As pricing is just so different between the US and Australia I'll keep it in perspective by using the % factor.

My local Audiophile outlet was having a run out sale on the Denon AVR 4308 for a savings price of 49% of RRP here in Australia. Apart from being a beast of an amp in weight, I'm only going to utilize the 5.1 portion due to speaker and room size. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on this Denon Receiver be it both the good or bad and how you have made improvements.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for your imput.

I too agree about their pricing but somebody has to make a buck... and they do make a good product I'll have to concede.

I'll be using it primarily as a pass through into two class A valve amps which I'm going to bi-amp my fronts and a seperate S/S 3 channel amp specifically for HT use for center and rears. With the multiple HDMI inputs and 3 zones I figure it's not a bad buy. In fact I placed an order for it this morning.

I've heard and read there are a couple of issues which should be fixed with the firmware download but hopefully it will compliment my whole system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts