Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
As part of Denon's celebration of its 100th Anniversary, they have released a Lineup of Limited Edition Components. They are all priced at $2,499 and will only be available at select Denon Dealers.

Here is the link to the AVR:http://www.denon100.com/#/en/products/receiver
Very comprehensive Feature Set including Audyssey MultEQ XT 32, HDMI 1.4, 9 Channels of Amplification rated at 140 Watts, "a unique Block Condenser", Cast Iron Footing, Upgraded Binding Posts, and more.

Given the weight is under 40 Pounds, I am somewhat spurious that it will come anywhere close to offering 140 Watts to 9 Channels, but it does look like a very nice AVR.

In other Denon News, the AVR-4311 is going to offer a Preamp Mode where the Internal Amplifiers are shut off.
This is an awesome feature for those of us who use outboard Amplification for all Channels, but use an AVR.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,
The pricing is awfully high. However, with the limited Production, there is a chance of the items becoming Collectible. The Turntable is a bit of a letdown as it uses the same Arm and Chassis as their sub 500 Dollar TT.
Again, all Components are priced at $2,499.

I really am excited to see how Audyssey MultEQ XT 32 is going to be a major step forward. Given how much more Processing Power there is with it, it really might be amazing.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
I really am excited to see how Audyssey MultEQ XT 32 is going to be a major step forward. Given how much more Processing Power there is with it, it really might be amazing.
Cheers,
JJ
Agreed, that should produce much better results because of the extra processing power :T

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Only 40lbs? Thats a bit of a letdown. My 805 weighs more than 10lbs more. I agree, thats going to be tough to meat the rating of 140watts per channel.
I'm not sure what Denon has been thinking but as of late they are really skimping on that department. Onkyo is also going that route but not on there high end units.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello,
Tony, as per usual, your feelings mirror mine. Denon has been especially egregious of down sizing the Amplifier Sections of their AVR's while raising the prices. The last Denon AVR I really liked was the AVR-3808CI. I fear it to be a result of New Ownership as Denon and Marantz are both owned by the same Company.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I fear it to be a result of New Ownership as Denon and Marantz are both owned by the same Company.
Cheers,
JJ
I did not know this, That explains allot. Marantz is also going through some sort of phase and quality is an issue as of late.
I do not understand the reasons for charging so much for a receiver and skimping on the one part that really defines what a good receiver is supposed to do and that is amplify the audio signal. This is still where Onkyo Pioneer and even Yamaha still have some units reasonably priced with a nice beefy power supply.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Wow, I did not realize that they were making AVRs 100 years ago.:rubeyes:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I love the connectivity. Just wish it had more sub outputs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
dear jungle the avr a 100 is a very unique unit that has inside special very high quality parts and it is not just a simple product with a 100 th anniversary logo on it it is a pasionnate
avr that true audio-video lovers will admire; it was done with meticulous care in sound quality where
the EAR a very special human that judge in japan sound signature of these denon products and then send information to engineers how to improve the sound quality to their best before building the unit
voila dvi

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dear jungle the avr a 100 is a very unique unit that has inside special very high quality parts and it is not just a simple product with a 100 th anniversary logo on it it is a pasionnate
avr that true audio-video lovers will admire; it was done with meticulous care in sound quality where
the EAR a very special human that judge in japan sound signature of these denon products and then send information to engineers how to improve the sound quality to their best before building the unit
voila dvi
Hello,
My comments on the whole have been quite positive about the AVR. Even said it has the potential of being a Collectors Item, so I do not understand why you think I said all they did was "just a simple product with a 100th anniversary logo on it".

My only issue is the weight of the AVR given that it is a 9 Channel AVR and rated at 140 WPC.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I happen to have the 3808ci for 3yrs now and it has been awesome, i read a review on it the other day and was surpised at the power specs as they are still high with all channels driven and as of late all the newer models drop power drastically when all channels are driven.:scratch: Kind of a let down since they have been good for so long (not saying there bad).:rolleyesno:

·
Registered
31 Posts
dear jungle the post comment was not meant to hurt you by no means i had heard so many people
saying it would be a regular denon with a logo and i just wanted to clarified things for the the consumers in general take care dvi

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DVI,
I am certainly not hurt. Just baffled. In truth, I expected more for the Anniversary AVR coming from Denon.
With Models like the classic AVR-5805, I figured they would bring out something more along the lines of a replacement for the getting old AVR-5803.
JJ

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
But with the same Stanton Arm and apparently Chassis as the 500 Dollar DP-500M. And please do look into whether the A100 offers Preamp Only Mode.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts