Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Denon AVR4520CI at BB for $1500

5K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  zibawal 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I didn't even see the price at amazon, but this is the lowest price I've seen other than a few smaller online retailers. I'd save on tax with those but i like the convenience of instore pickup or return. Would love to see if price drops more but i need the receiver for my new home theater setup so I think I'll bite

#7 ·
for people not worried about atmos, I think this would a fine for a few years right? I'm running 4ohm speakers so I wanted a receiver that was very capable. At this pricepoint I'm not sure what my alternatives would be. I didn't like the pioneer elite sound so I narrowed it down to the 4520 or Yamaha adventage. The 3040 is out of my budget so I'm now down to 4520 or the 2040. People rave about audessey xt32 so the 4520 is what I ended up buying (but order still in process so I can still change my mind). I just hope I don't feel like I'm buying an outdated receiver. The 4520 doesn't have wifi, Bluetooth, no digital audio to zone 2, etc.

#13 ·
That's very, very tempting

#15 ·
Just ordered... :)

#17 ·
In a strange twist of events, the price is now $1599... I hope they'll honor the $999 I paid.

#18 ·
Over on AVS, some people have went to the store ans got them to search for a 4520, and got the $999 price. One guy got it down to $700 something with his BB rewards card added.

#19 ·
I got so happy, the email said Order Almost Ready for Pickup... I thought it said Order Ready for Pickup!

#22 ·
Order delayed... Looks like a lot of people jumped on the deal. Did anyone get there shipped 4520 yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.