Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a AVR 2809 and a Sony Bluray player hooked up with HDMI. I want to play CD's in there occasionally, but having to go to the menu to change from Dolby Cinema to Dolby Music seems odd...

Is there a way to program another input selection with the same HDMI input but have it assign different parameters such as Dolby Music, and 2 channel etc.?

kirby

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Surely, there are some input formatting defaults on some menu. For HDMI, set the default for stereo PCM to DolbyMusic and the default for DD to DolbyCinema.

Kal

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the cd input with a Toslink cable, set the surround to play dolby from 2 channel and viola... I no longer have to switch between music and cinema mode by going to the menu...

Kirby

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I used the cd input with a Toslink cable, set the surround to play dolby from 2 channel and viola... I no longer have to switch between music and cinema mode by going to the menu...

Kirby
Yup, thats the best way to go about it.:T

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Kirby
So the Denon cannot set different input format defaults for a single input? Surprising.

Kal

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not investigate it as such, but I am sure that it will be able to. I have not programmed the quick inputs either so I bet I could set two of them up to be for the same input since I only need 2 at the moment.
Truthfully, I dont like the 3 quickinput select idea because the way I hooked it up, you turn the knob to the right input, and its done. That should be all that needs to be done.
Everything is assignable, and the "CI" means it should be able to be done anyway you want.

WE will see when I get some more programming time with it.
At the moment, I am busy on the rest of the room...

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-theater-design-construction/15891-beginning-finish-out-now-what.html

kirby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts