Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, searched quite a bit but seems I can find solid info on how to wire these.. Given how many people seem to ask the same question one of you:) more experienced types should post a sticky..

I did a quick line diagram and this is my first attempt at pro gear so hopefully it works out. Could someone please tell me if I am off base here? or is there a better way to do this? Would greatly appreciate the help and could save me a bunch o time:D

Thanks Folks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
The Inuke doesnt need anything special other than an adapter for the connection from your AVR to the amp.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your sketch looks fine, ya, all you need are cheap RCA to 1/4" adapters and RCA cables of your choice. Here's what I have on mine, real spendy stuff http://www.parts-express.com/rca-jack-to-1-4-mono-plug-adapter--090-285
Its that easy..:) perhaps I was over thinking it, thought i had to make custom cables.... I did read on one post somewhere that when running mono you only need to use one input on the inuke, not sure if this is true or if there is a benefit to not split the LFE over channel a and b..

thanks, is there a guide as to where to add +db in the absence of design or testing software? I was going by Jeff Bagbys design here,
http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=Duet SDX12D

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Generally you want the lift wherever the LF starts to drop off because the subs roll off is too much for any room gain to make up for. The guide is a good starting point but the benefit is you can use not only more filters, but different types of PEQ and filtering. The guide was written for the SPA1000 which has only a single PEQ band. With the inuke you can do a low shelf filter, which boosts everything below a certain frequency. This is almost the same thing as a Linkwitz Transform. What I am presently using is an LS12 at +6dB at 25 Hz. What works for you will be different since you have different subs and a different room. You'd want your low shelf to boost the LF, and then use the other PEQ bands to compensate unwanted room effects.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,334 Posts
Its that easy..:) perhaps I was over thinking it, thought i had to make custom cables.... I did read on one post somewhere that when running mono you only need to use one input on the inuke, not sure if this is true or if there is a benefit to not split the LFE over channel a and b..
You brought it up before I had a chance to say it... you only need one input from your source to the iNUKE for mono subs, so you can skip that first splitter.

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts
You brought it up before I had a chance to say it... you only need one input from your source to the iNUKE for mono subs, so you can skip that first splitter.
Are you sure? That's typically the case with pro amps set for dual mono (aka "parallel mode"), but the Behringer manual doesn't specifically say with the input requirements are for dual mono for this amplifier.

Regards,
Wayne

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,334 Posts
Are you sure? That's typically the case with pro amps set for dual mono (aka "parallel mode"), but the Behringer manual doesn't specifically say with the input requirements are for dual mono for this amplifier.
In the grand scheme of things mono is mono, so it's hard for me to imagine Behringer going completely rogue. But stranger things have happened I suppose...

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts
I hear ya - the reason I was wondering is that the manual states that in "dual" mode the amp can have fully independent processing (EQ etc.) applied to each channel.

I guess the only way to figure out for sure is to connect speakers to both channels and see if a single input gets them both going.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
The signal diagram in the amp setup makes it look like dual mono needs two inputs. Maybe it was cheaper and easier for them to do it that way and keep the EQ independent.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so, stick with the original two cannel input then? Suspect it cant hurt.....

Thanks much all for the direction..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
boxes are built and installed, fan mod done with noctua. At first the fan was running intermittent, out of four trys of turning the amp on it would run about every forth try.. wasn't sure why but seems to be running fine now..not sure if it wasn't calling for cooling but I thought they ran all the time, I assumed with the variable output and perhaps the slower fan speed of the noctua over stock the initial call wasn't enough to start it... But thats probably hogwash:)

started with Ls12 with +7db at 30 hz gain at 60% wired as per my drawing and it sounds very nice..being my first sealed HT build I was surprised... I like the sound for sure! I did though need to turn the LFE level on the denon all the way up to max to have it play at a similar level to the test tones of the other speakers...

I still need to figure out an easy way to sample the sub and see if I can even it out more...I figured an easy way was to just play some test tones and use an spl meter and add gain where needed between 80 and 20 hz.?

I havent set any limiters not even sure where to begin or if necessary....my listening level on the denon is between -45 and -60 so not reference by any means... I didn't use the dynamic eq yet as I assume the Denon will take care of that once I have a chance to set up Audysse..

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
What Denon avr are you using? i have avr 3808ci that I can't get the subwoofer out to be loud enough to hear sound from the subwoofer. did you run into any issues with line level?

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
I run my nu3000dsp straight off an LFE output from my Onkyo AVR and the inuke only needs the knob at about 50% for level cal. Are you sure the output is working properly?

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Your Denon has enough voltage for the Inuke to reach full power. You just need to make sure your settings are correct so the Denon is outputting signal and the Inuke is accepting the signal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts