Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running source --> SRC2496 --> DEQ2496 --> DCX2496 --> amplifiers --> speakers

3 way stereo (6 channel) triamp.

I want to use REW to EQ the low end, as I understand this is more accurate than letting the RTA on the DEQ handle these frequencies. As both the DEQ and the DCX are capable of applying parametric filters, I was wondering which unit would be preferable to apply the corrections with, or does it matter?

-Sean

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Doesn't really matter, but for applying very targeted corrections use whichever offers the best frequency and bandwidth resolution.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just in case anyone else cares, the memory available in the DCX is reduced as you add crossover filters. Higher order crossover filters leave less memory available for parametric EQs. Since I am using 48 dB/octave slopes at each crossover point, that didn't leave a lot of memory space left. What I opted to do was run GEQ, PEQ, DEQ and DYN (expander) on the DEQ2496, as those are signal modifications specific to the intended sound, and crossovers, limiters and short delays / phase on the DCX, as those are all specific to the speaker setup and need to be in place regardless of what comes out of the DEQ.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This may be part of my problem. You just said it dcx memory.
I need to know how many dcx it would take to eq 7 speakers.

dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts