Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,:help: my AV sub out goes through a Art Cleanbox two way stereo converter RCA to XLR, and to the Behringer. As I was switch through filters in the PEQ, one of them made my IB drivers "Thump":yikes:. All was silent in my ceiling. Upon checking my Amp, I discovered the Time Delay fuses for the Toroid secondaries, had blown. I've replaced them with the same type, Time Delay T6.3 A 250v. :T

The Amplifier comes on fine, but I haven't given it a signal yet. The Amp is a BK Electronics Module, a Mosfet with Relay protection on board. Is there likely to be any damage? Before I give it a signal, I thought I'd check with you before I go any further.

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=Art+Cleanbox&oe=utf-8&rls=com.ubuntu:en-GB:unofficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=17344697285276005724&ei=AlLdTM3CJMy0hAfS7ZSWDQ&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCsQ8wIwAg#

No need to show a link for the DEQ2496

http://www.bkelec.com/Modules/mf450.htm

Awaiting Rumbles and Explosions, Mike:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
as an electronics engineer I found that fuses can just blow because of electrical stress or whatever you call it.

If you did not smell or hear anything strange I would just put a new fuse in, switch it on without any signal input and have a close look/smell the first minute.

After that, give it some signal.

It happened to me a lot of times that some old fuses just blow because they are getting old.

Good luck

·
Registered
483 Posts
In my 45+ years in this hobby and 35+ as a E.E. I've seen more than one old fuse blow for no apparent reason. Once in a while a new one has blown for no reason. When they don't blow and "magic smoke" lets all the electrons free you should worry. I would do as Joppnl has suggested.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I agree with the above posters, if they blow again soon then i might worry otherwise like the others said it can just happen for no reason say maybe a short surge.:T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts