Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi John--

I've been using Equalizer-APO/rePhase in a tweak/measure/tweak/measure loop with REW. Each tweak requires re-generating an impulse response file for the convolver. But when I regenerate an impulse file, I have to restart REW. Other players (FB2K) stop the song they're playing, but don't have to be re-booted to get playback going again. Do you think you could detect this type of failed connection and automatically do some kind of soft-reset (preferably silently unless you also detect an endless, tight reset loop). Re-starting REW each time was not so bad, but it'd be great if I didn't have to.

Oh, BTW, two bugs [Version 5.20, Beta 17]:

1. I have Preferences/View/Confirm un-saved measurement removal un-checked, but I sitll get asked if I want to save when exiting REW. That may have not been the intention of this particular preference. If you don't want to overload it onto exit, then can you add a preference specifically for that? It became especially annoying since I was rebooting REW over and over.

2. The polarity on Impulse/Normalize-step-to-IR-peak is backwards. Un-checking it normalizes.

Thanks John!!
--Myles

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
I've been using Equalizer-APO/rePhase in a tweak/measure/tweak/measure loop with REW. Each tweak requires re-generating an impulse response file for the convolver. But when I regenerate an impulse file, I have to restart REW.
I'm not quite following that. What is changing? Does the audio output disappear? What output have you selected and what happens to the selection on the soundcard preferences?

1. I have Preferences/View/Confirm un-saved measurement removal un-checked, but I sitll get asked if I want to save when exiting REW. That may have not been the intention of this particular preference. If you don't want to overload it onto exit, then can you add a preference specifically for that? It became especially annoying since I was rebooting REW over and over.
That preference is for manual deletion of measurements. Having a preference to exit without warning of unsaved measurements sounds pretty risky.

2. The polarity on Impulse/Normalize-step-to-IR-peak is backwards. Un-checking it normalizes.
You may be misunderstanding that preference. The step response can be normalised to its own peak value or the peak value of the impulse response. If it is normalised to the peak value of the impulse it will usually go beyond 100% of the IR peak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts