Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am currently just getti9ng going on construction of a dedicated home theater. I wouldn't call myself a hardcore hobbyist, just want a cool place to watch movies with the kids.

Anyway, here's what I'm working with thus far. my space is 122" x 204" with 10' ceilings. I'll be mounting the screen on one of the short walls. I have 6 Berkline 99's that will be configured to create two rows of seating. I know I can fit 2 rows of 2 with the primary seating (daddy's seat) being about 10 feet from the screen.

What would be my maximum screen size? Would screen size differ depending on what technology I used?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hello all. I am currently just getti9ng going on construction of a dedicated home theater. I wouldn't call myself a hardcore hobbyist, just want a cool place to watch movies with the kids.

Anyway, here's what I'm working with thus far. my space is 122" x 204" with 10' ceilings. I'll be mounting the screen on one of the short walls. I have 6 Berkline 99's that will be configured to create two rows of seating. I know I can fit 2 rows of 2 with the primary seating (daddy's seat) being about 10 feet from the screen.

What would be my maximum screen size? Would screen size differ depending on what technology I used?
Your best bet is to get the projector first and see what's comfortable. We all have different preferences some like smaller screens some like big screens.

·
Registered
206 Posts
84 on small end and 100 I would say on other end. Depending on your Projector you purchase you may want a smaller screen due to its power and ambient light in room. What ever you do just take into account the people behind the first row so you dont make bottom of the screen too low and not viewable to your family or guests. You have 10ft to play with so thats great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts