Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Oh duh! I wasn't thinking of that. Still, downloading it is a lot easier when the DC is available. But what you're talking about is a lot less expensive!
I wouldn't personally agree. The copy you download isn't the quality you made the initial outlay of cash for. That is a problem. I can copy my BR disc in about 1-1.5 hours. Try downloading 25 GB that quick.

Studios have the gall to act magnanimous about DC. Another reason all my DVD/BR purchases are used. I refuse to give the studios one red cent.

·
Banned
199 Posts
I think the difference between our opinions is that I only want the digital copy for playing outside of my theater and have no desire to use anything other than an actual bluray disc in my theater. 1080P and lossless audio aren't a prerequisite for streaming to me personally. I don't mind paying for content that I use/want and have no problem paying the producers of said content for it. And if I don't like it I'm alright taking a loss and trading it away so someone else can pick it up used.
I don't want to have to mess with a physical media library. The ability to page through titles programatically is awesome. The less I have to insert a shiny 5.25" disc into a tray the better.

Now I want my media DELIVERED on a physical mechanism. But after it's just archival original. Transcoding with DXVA and CUDA gets faster every release cycle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts