Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed the other day that Dish added the Netflix app to there hopper. Anyone know if they will be pushing 4k feed?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I did the free trial for Netflix and I get a great pic but I can only get stereo audio because Dish is not licensed to decode DD+ which is what Netflix uses. I figured I would just stream through my Oppo but my BDP-93 has the old Netflix app and cannot be upgraded. :rolleyesno: I called Oppo and they said that only the 103 or 105 can upgrade apps and they have no plans on doing a firmware upgrade to allow any player below the 103 to upgrade apps. I am pretty disappointed in Oppo for not doing this. I think a $500 player should be able to do this. So until Dish gets the ability to decode dd+ I am SOOL unless I buy another source that can.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the free trial for Netflix and I get a great pic but I can only get stereo audio because Dish is not licensed to decode DD+ which is what Netflix uses. I figured I would just stream through my Oppo but my BDP-93 has the old Netflix app and cannot be upgraded. :rolleyesno: I called Oppo and they said that only the 103 or 105 can upgrade apps and they have no plans on doing a firmware upgrade to allow any player below the 103 to upgrade apps. I am pretty disappointed in Oppo for not doing this. I think a $500 player should be able to do this. So until Dish gets the ability to decode dd+ I am SOOL unless I buy another source that can.
Interesting. I play netflix through my PS4, I think I will log in through the Hopper and check it out. Let you know what happens.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Great. If it is like mine it will default to PLII movie and I really don't care for matrixed surround sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts