Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually AirPlay the Madalorian from my iPad Disney+ app to a Gen 3 AppleTV, TOS link to the receiver.

I only get digital stereo, not Atmos or 5.1. All other AirPlay or Apple TV (Netflix, Hulu) play in 5.1.

So I tried my laptop through a browser over HDMI to the receiver and same thing, digital stereo only. The laptop supports all the surround sound codecs

Disney claims 5.1 and Atmos audio.

What gives?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Folowing, and same here. I tried all kinds of setting with my Win 10 HTPC and could only ever get stereo, no surround audio. I didn't know Disney claimed Atmos but I'd be happy with at least 5.1, preferably 7.1 Disney>> This is "not" the way....

Reactions: MichiganMan

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the for what it's worth department.

Its the Gen 3 Apple TV that's the problem. I borrowed my kids Gen 4 Apple TV and it works fine, 5.1 audio over HDMI or TOSLink.

It's funny, you grow up getting hand me down clothes. You grow old getting hand me down tech from your kids. :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey boy's . I read this post . I have not watched Disney + in over a year. I wanted to check to see if I could get 5.1 . I checked my Sony Z9D and my AT4K via my Denon I am getting 5.1 . Must be a devise issue that is preventing you from getting surround sound . Happy holidays .

I only get digital stereo, not Atmos or 5.1. All other AirPlay or Apple TV (Netflix, Hulu) play in 5.1.
I'd be happy with at least 5.1, preferably 7.1 Disney>> This is "not" the way....

·
Registered
88 Posts
In the for what it's worth department.

Its the Gen 3 Apple TV that's the problem. I borrowed my kids Gen 4 Apple TV and it works fine, 5.1 audio over HDMI or TOSLink.

It's funny, you grow up getting hand me down clothes. You grow old getting hand me down tech from your kids. :(
I was typing my response as you posted . I am glad you got it sorted , although not optimally .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts