Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you setup to do flat panel reviews... like plasmas, LCD's... and if so, what size?

How about projectors?

Also can anyone accommodate 4K material?

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome... Adorama is being setup as one of our affiliates and would like for us to review a few for them... with price links in the review to their site of course, as part of the agreement to do the reviews. They are not going to be a sponsor, but we will get 10% of any sets sold via those links. This is something new that we are kind of trying out. I am not sure if it will work or not, but I don't have an issue trying it. The one thing I explained to them is that they need to make sure it is the best authorized price that can be found, otherwise readers will search for it and buy it cheaper somewhere else.

I assume you are pretty good with describing picture and color details? You may get heavily drilled about those things as follow up questions to your reviews. I don't want to put you in an unfavorable position, if you know what I mean.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well... you know we want to be honest in all of our reviews... bar nothing. We will tell it like it is, and if that cost us sales, then we will need to tell Adaroma to give us better products to review. :huh:

We will review as normal, but simply link to their site for the product... and let readers make that choice.

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
Well... you know we want to be honest in all of our reviews... bar nothing. We will tell it like it is, and if that cost us sales, then we will need to tell Adaroma to give us better products to review. :huh: We will review as normal, but simply link to their site for the product... and let readers make that choice.
That was typed tongue in cheek. A review is useless if not honest. I tell it like I see it. Just ask our sponsors :)

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Matt did touch base with me last week and stated he was going to see about giving away some of the displays they show at CES, but he did not say anything about reviews. I will bring that up to him after CES.

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
I reached out to Matt about a month ago and this was his response. Haven't touched base with him since then.

I’m still waiting to hear back on that. I’m not sure what’s going to happen at this point. We’re working with a company called Active International that is helping us move excess inventory and I think this would be the perfect opportunity for us to begin working together. I’m waiting to find out what happens on their end.

I sent over Sonnie’s contact info and they were supposed to get in touch with him regarding next steps. I’m having a meeting either today or tomorrow to check on the status of this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts