Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon All,

I recently replaced the laser in my Cambridge Audio Azur 640C. The problem I have is that after a minute or so I am getting a huge amount of distortion to the sound. The player is reading the disc but the sound is not listenable. Have checked back all my connections and nothing obvious, any ideas?

Could the solder short removal be a cause? I did not have a solder sucker so just did the best I could, or is it a yes or no result where it will work or wont?

All suggestions and help welcome.

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Are you saying that it sounds OK at first and then starts to sound distorted after a minute or so? That would not be a solder short problem. It would either work or not work. Could anything be impeding movement of the laser as it reads across the disc?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AR - yes the sound is fine to start with, but then begins to distort. Taken it apart again and no obvious signs of anything impeding laser movement, I have not applied any grease to the mechanism as had no lithium grease to hand, cant see that being the issue though? Shame I can't post an audio clip!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The solder short is a go no-go, so if it works at all that is not the problem. Did you adjust the eye pattern and tracking?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts