Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
You do Not need a special HD, Digital or ATSC antenna, all of that stuff is marketing hype. The new digital channels use the same frequencies that the old UHF channels used, so any old UHF antenna will work. Here is a nice inexpensive UHF antenna with a 45 mile range . . .
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...ase&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_base

Agreed! The one I showed from Antennas direct is just more compact (not much larger than a 'Dish') and works very well. In an attic, it's a moot point, but out in the open some antennas can be an eye sore. We put one up at my brother's house also and they have codes for their neighborhood that do not allow large antennas -they have to be about the size of a dish and cannot be ugly (not sure who decides what is 'ugly' though). They're not even allowed to put up a shed without Association approval and it has to match the house (outside walls and roof).

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Understood - the association that my brother belongs to (or the neighboorhood) is fine as line as it doesn't look unslightly. All the roofs are flat tops, so most antennas/dishes can be mounted so that none are actually seen from the neighbors or from driving around. I'm fortunate to live in a neighborhood that does not care - it's older and everyone pretty much let's anything go (most have decent tastes, so it does not ruin the area).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts