Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a light I can put in one of my recliner cupholders to help me navigate my remotes when the room is dark. Thinking of a gooseneck with small halogen or LED on the end, with an opposite end that would insert into the cupholder.

I have seen them in theater seating accessories, but the price is laughable...sorry, not going to pay $80 or more just cuz it says "home theater" on it.

Anyone fabricate anything like this or have some ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Don't know how your wiring is, if you are running a PC with your set up you can run a USB cable to the chair. I have a couple of USB lights on the end of a flexable cable that would be perfect. Can you still pull a cable to the chair?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Considering the intermittant use this light would get, battery power would be fine. I could run an AC cord thru the bottom of the cupholder and through the bottom of the chair to AC.

Jim

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Google battery powered LED light. It will make your DIY project a lot easier to not have to deal with getting power to your cup holder.

Here are some on Amazon. Pick the size, length and base you want. Then you can either just sit it in the cup holder, clip in on a cup or make a "puck" that fits in the cup holder the light attaches to.

Battery Powered LED Lights

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found exactly what I wanted! $30, incl free shipping. This exact same item is listed on many web sites (Amazon, Smarthome, etc) for $80...a total rip off. Why do HT vendors continue to gouge customers with this stuff???????

Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts