Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there's pile of people around here are pretty handy, here's a question:

What projects have you done or are working on that don't have anything to do with your HT/Listening setups?

I'll start. Here's a few shots of a taiko drum I built (one of dozens at this point) for a high school in NYC.

Who's got stuff? Fire away!

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thats really nice work!

I usually built things we need around the house. New cabinets, shelves, refinish a table and whatnot.
I attached my most recent project, I built these to hold my 3 kids's collection video games and all the bits that go with that. Their fully populated now, this is from when I first got em in the room. If you look you can see my RS meter an a umik case =)

Im about to embark on building some European style kitchen cabinets.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I built this bookcase last month. It's mixed lumber including pine, MDF and shiplap. No fancy tools, just the usual stuff for building speakers. Joinery is all butt joints and glue, screws and a nail gun. You can read more about it over at http://www.danmarx.org/blog/?p=1899 I've only recently started branching away from speaker building and into furniture design but I do like it. It's easier than speaker building yet surprisingly rewarding still. Anything to do with ripping sheets of MDF I guess. :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ooooh, fancy! What's all that green stuff out past your patio in the pics? I live in Vegas, so all we have is rocks...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts