Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
I guess it depends on the thickness of the laminate. Either use your best judgment or wait for a response from someone that has made a laminate screen, but I think I remember reading somewhere that thin unsupported laminate can show the vertical frame members behind it; but I may be confusing this with something else.

Unsupported laminate will also be much more prone to crack if anything hits the screen (if you have little ones about that like to throw toys) or even just pushing against the screen in an unsupported area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Can someone point me to a nice "how to" on how to wrap velvet on a border frame? I know a ton of people have done it, but haven't found a clear how to. I think it must be out there.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Can someone point me to a nice "how to" on how to wrap velvet on a border frame? I know a ton of people have done it, but haven't found a clear how to. I think it must be out there.

Thanks in advance.
I have done this and it's really not that difficult. I used butt joints on the corners as opposed to mitered corners, which may have made it a bit easier. All you do is lay out your velvet, put your frame piece on top, and then cut the velvet so that you have enough to wrap around the back side and staple it.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts