Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife loves crown moulding as result I think I may have an acceptable screen option for her.

I'd get the moulding of her choice and then Miter it to the size I want. I'm debating between finishing it or painting it. Leaning toward painting it and my speakers at the same time.

I plan on using either a craft paper or blackout cloth maybe bordering it with nice looking black frame.

I'm looking for low cost <$50 for materials. I'm building a 80" viewable 16 x 9 screen. So I think the budget is more than doable.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
117 Posts
So my wife loves crown moulding as result I think I may have an acceptable screen option for her.

I'd get the moulding of her choice and then Miter it to the size I want. I'm debating between finishing it or painting it. Leaning toward painting it and my speakers at the same time.

I plan on using either a craft paper or blackout cloth maybe bordering it with nice looking black frame.

I'm looking for low cost <$50 for materials. I'm building a 80" viewable 16 x 9 screen. So I think the budget is more than doable.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Do it like a picture with matting. Molding for a frame (Painted dark satin or eggshell so not too shiny), then some black velvet - 3" or 4" wide as a mat, then the screen in the middle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts