Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my brother ask me if I can build a Subwoofer for his hometheater with this sub. He lives in Europe. I received so many good advices from the site ( Thx Mike ) when he saw my box he requested one. Plz i am open to all the suggestions. thx u.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have 4 of these drivers that were left over from the LABsub days and am building cabs for them now. They will be about 110L net, ported, tuned to 20Hz and sit in the front corners of the room. They'll be 400w 320d and 1200h, with two boxes sitting on top of each other drivers near roof and floor facing up/down. Still undecided if I'll exit the port next to the driver or make an L shaped one and exit them at the opposite ends to the drivers.

Unibox sims with 300W and LR12 HPF at 20Hz. Port is 80cm long, 13cm Φ
Edit: Looks better with a 20Hz BW3 HPF and shrinking the port to 12cm Φ and 67cm long. I'll add the slightly different sims later if interested.
FR

Excursion

Port Air Speed

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear Mike, my sub turns out better than anyone could imagine. All the walls in house r checking. this is unbelievable watching a movie is different and take you to an other dimension. i re watched a couple dvds like Aviator , matrix or master commander just to give u an example in aviator when he started his big plane. he felt like i have a semi in my living room. Now i have to build the rest of my surround. i am using the old speakers but just by adding the heart of a surround system make a big difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts