Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I built two of these sonos for my main hometheater room - Steve C and WillD were a huge help - I have them running off of QSC - PLX3402 - and all i can say is that they are unbearable - superb performance but overkill - I have no clue why I built two - I can not imagin why people build such extensive bass setups - My house is old but extremely well built, 1/2" drywall + 3/4" plaster with steel mesh in between - 2 of these put so much compression in my 30"x20" room that its way too much.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
We build two because it's cheap and it's nice to put a solution in place that you will never have to worry about stressing or upgrading again. If only all aspects of live were that easy :daydream: Plus you know it puts a big old grin on your face when you experience something like the footsteps at the end of Monster House near reference levels :unbelievable:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Steve,
I had built mine just as you said - 320L - 27"x6" port, tuned to about 14hz - I never got around to equalizing them - I will in a month or so - but I did take reading and it was pretty good - I have to equalize them down a little bit towards the lower end - there is too much room gain. Although, I know I would never need to upgrade, I still think one would have been sufficient. I had no clue what LLT design was capable of.

·
Registered
39 Posts
dude, its truly crazy - I think one should have been more than enough - the gain/volume on my QSC is always kept at a quater or less, unfortuntely mine are placed very close the listening position - I do not know if that has an effect - in any case - dual tc2000 subs is more than you will ever be able to handle.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Here and I already bought dual QSC-2502 amps, bridged for 2500 watts - one for each sub.... I think Im in for a real treat here....

Ultimately, the purpose I am going this way was for an upgrade in SQ and I will be coming off of 2 SVS subs... A Plus, and a Plus/2 in my 8200^3 room...

They are great, but I want far superior sound quality.... I don't think that will be a problem here... How do you find they sound with music...?

Warp

·
Registered
39 Posts
For movies on a scale from 1 to 10, they are 20
For music. once again on a scale for 1 - 10, - they are 9.99 -> many would say they are perfect - and they are - but I have somewhat bias towards Horn loaded subs for music -> here I am not talking about flat frequency resposne - I am just being sujective when I say that I enjoy the "thump" of a horn loaded subwoofer. But the TC-2000 are very accurate - very clean bass. I am telling you - these will put the SVS to shame - I still haven't pushed mine all out yet - I'm too scared.

I am telling you - They are EVIL.

·
Registered
306 Posts
evil does not begin to describe it. I have my FI Q (almost up to the tc 2000 in output) in a LLT and it litterally will shake this house apart. Just becareful when you are using it. you need to be aware of how much power you are drawing from outlets and knowing that there will be a good voltage drop when the sub really hits. also be aware of everything in you're house and what happens when it vibrates, dont want the special china falling.

Music wise its extremely good, but i like my boss's Fathom a bit more, it just seems a little more effortless and smooth. but then again its i a totally different room connected to equipment i can only dream of obtaining.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.