Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a friend just set up his own home theater and he did not consult with me first LOL. He bought a BenQ W1060 DLP projector and the "rainbow effect" was immediately noticeable to me. I had not even gotten comfortable and within 2 min I saw it clear as day. I thought DLP manufacturers had fixed this issue?:unbelievable:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I still see the rainbow effect on modern projectors, but I also get headaches watching 3D, so maybe that's just me. At least it saves me paying out for 3D glasses and emitter that I don't need, though I do like the depth a DLP projector has so it's a shame I can't live with it myself.

I don't know if being a cheaper model the W1060 might have a slower colour wheel then that might make it more likely to see rainbow effect.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still see the rainbow effect on modern projectors, but I also get headaches watching 3D, so maybe that's just me. At least it saves me paying out for 3D glasses and emitter that I don't need, though I do like the depth a DLP projector has so it's a shame I can't live with it myself.
I am the same, 3D also bugs me after about 30 min. It may very well be that we are more sensitive to something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts