Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a 3 year old Samsung 4667W DLP TV.

Turned it on and the picture is not watchable due to the lines from the top to bottom of the screen..

The bulb was replaced 3 months ago and shouldnt have gone bad already?? Its not my connection as I hooked up an old tv to my Directv system and its fine.

Think the bulb is tweaking or something else? Thanks.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Something else. This thread needs to be moved to the Samsung thread in Service and Support. One of the mods here will do that. Also, post the entire model number with all prefixes and suffixes. This is important for all brands, but particularly so with Samsung, who makes production changes frequently in the same model and uses parts from multiple vendors.

My first guess would be a DMD module, but more info is needed. Does it happen on all inputs and resolutions? Are the menus affected? Can you post an image?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
On all modules. Ran a different tv off my directv box and dvd and its fine.

My lamp is fine, no error codes and when I press menu from the side of the tv the blue menu comes up fine. Im guessing this means the color wheel is fine.

The TV is the hlr4677w.

Only thing it can be is the main board? Is that the same as the dmd module? Thx.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
What do the lines look like? What do you mean by "all modules?"

Without clear and detailed information, it is hard to be of much help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts