Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Well my loving family member thought it would be a good idea to play with the black and white kitty yesterday morning. The problem was it was not a kitty but PePe le pew himself. Well I was at work when it happened and my wife took the brunt of the attack. She got it all over her trying to get the dog back in the house and into the tub. Which I wouldn't have done but thats another story..:rolleyesno: So after her having to take a bath in tomato juice and then white vineger and soap and sending my dog to the groomer for his $85 spa treatment:spend: we are finally getting the stink out of the house.....Did I tell you I love my dog...:foottap::D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Absolutely a part of the family. On Monday I had to put down my best bud Sonny. She was a black lab mix. She had been fighting Lymphoma for a couple of years and it was finally to much for her.
Here's to hoping that Pet's find a better place too when they go.
So sorry for your loss...

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
This may sound kind of cold but i allmost take it harder losing a pet then someone i know (depending on how close the person was with me).
I had a black lab for 15 years and i went on vacation for a week and 3 days into the trip my mother called me and said "Captain isn't eating". I don't know if he thought i abandoned him or it was just his time but when i got home i had to take him to the vet to have him put to sleep it was one of the most painful things in life i've gone through (had to take a day off work).
My brother and i also had a staffordshire terrior that got sick 4 years into his life and past away in his sleep one night.
I'm not sure why we feel this closness with our pets, my dogs now, 170lb Bullmastiff (male) and 65lb Boxer shepard mix (female) are just as close as any one of my previous pets. The boxer gaurds the twins as if they are hers and the big guy just stands there like a soldier waiting for action yet wastes no energy when not necessary and they are both the biggest lovers at the same time.
Sorry for the long winded post but in short, yes they are definatly part of the family.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I tend to think the reason we get so close to them is the unconditional love they give us. My cats never get mad at me. And if they do, they keep quiet about it till they're over it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
my kitty kuku used to wake me up by kncoking on the door, it was two years back ..
well mannered kitty that never tried to steal or jump on the food without my permission,
one day i suspect when she was coming from night out some one stole her ..

now boring alarm in cellphone wakes me up :sweat:

·
Registered
578 Posts
My wife and I have two Humane Society cats. I refer to them as our "furry, adopted children". They have distinct personalities, they need and give affection, they are our family. :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yes, the wife and I absolutely consider our little critters to be part of the family. It's hard to imagine life going on without them. Our dog is an Icelandic Shepherd, and she's been the best companion ever!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My wife and I have two Humane Society cats. I refer to them as our "furry, adopted children". They have distinct personalities, they need and give affection, they are our family. :)
yes they have, many times they just stay near us and get happy only doing this .
my cat will always used to climb up stairs with me only , she will neva go w/o me i will post a pic some time later , my sister adopted her from a shop.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Agreed - our dogs are a big part of our family. We got a chocolate lab from Lab Rescue when my oldest was 3 years old. Since then, we have added 2 more chocolates to our family. My wife and I were both wrecks when we took Bailey in when her legs could not support her anymore.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Cats and dogs do become a part of a family and are sadly missed when they die..
I've had a lot of experience with both over the years and some almost show human behaviour. They show loyalty and affection.. and I think that's why we feel such a great loss when they've gone..

I've now been boarding dogs for several years and even though they're not my dogs, I grow an attachment to them ( I don't have kennels...they're boarded in the house), particularly the ones who have long stays with me..and I feel the loss when they're returned to their owners..

I can't imagine what life would be like without pets..

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
My wife and I definately think that our Molly, a cute mini doxi, is our "daughter." Same for our previous two boy dachshunds, definately our little children. We have had a mini dachshund in the house for 32 years now. First one died at 13 1/2 years; second at 16 1/2 years; our "baby girl" will be 3 this August. Could not bear living without an animal in the house:)

When we got Molly, my wife said that the dog would never sleep in the bed with us; we did not let the boys. Well, Molly has not missed a night yet on our Tempurpedic, sometimes at my side, sometimes at our feet. Would not have it any other way.

·
Registered
590 Posts
4 cats (all street rescues) and a new old cat named Katy that used to belong to the neighbor who recently went to a nursing home. Sadly my old dog of 14 years passed just before Thanksgiving, but my youngest son took in a puppy just before Christmas thinking a small dog would be perfect around his six kids...7 months and 95 lbs later guess who has the dog now. My wife and I enjoy our extended family and we wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Our 2 labs are like children to us and form a huge part of our lives. We are constantly busy with them and find the retrieving, tracking and obedience work quite rewarding. More than pets for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I recently put down a deposit on a male German Bred Rottweiler pup. The wife and I are excited beyond measure. His litter was born 6/28/12 and I'll be road tripping to pick him up sometime late August. I had a Rott throughout my years in the service and it was by far the best dog I've ever owned.

image-3146164267.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
My two German Shepherds (rescue dogs) are family members. They are best friends to me and my wife. Needless to say they are also loyal guardians of the family. They are NOT "protection trained" but are more than willing to show unwanted visitors the quick way off our property.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My doxie Turbo has been with me going on 4yrs. He is just like family.. A well-behaved dog.I've never regretted
adopting him..

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Absolutely. I'm not even sure why this would be questioned. The loss of a beloved pet affects my family deeply.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts