Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, which is why I'm feeling so sad. I had to put my Alaskan Malamute down on Valentine's Day. He was showing signs of his age for about a year now, but recently started having trouble walking and getting up. Kobie was a great dog...a true gentle giant. He will be missed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yes, which is why I'm feeling so sad. I had to put my Alaskan Malamute down on Valentine's Day. He was showing signs of his age for about a year now, but recently started having trouble walking and getting up. Kobie was a great dog...a true gentle giant. He will be missed.
Sorry for your loss JD he was a beautiful dog

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Sorry to hear and yes a beautiful dog.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
A great loss of a lovely dog..
I've just recently experienced a similar event..

I've been boarding a SA Ridgeback regularly for the past 5 years..At one time he boarded with me for 18 months straight while his owner worked in Africa..
As you can imagine, over that time, it felt like he was my dog!
He came back for another stay just recently but was not well when he arrived and 1 week later he had to be put down..He was 13 years old and had recently contracted Pancreatitus and just never recovered..
I felt a great loss, just as if he was my dog..

Jaxon will be missed..He had a lovely nature..

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
John: Such a beautiful dog. God puts pets here for our pleasure but it sure hurts when they are gone.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Sorry for your losses. I find my dog to be a regular part of the family. When they aren't around (dog) it seems quiet and like something is missing. My dog is going on 10 yrs and I have recently begun to think about the fast approaching future ....the fact that eventually it will be his time. It just makes me enjoy the present time with him more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Bichon is part of my family.Even better than kids sometimes.Will never grow up to say I hate you. Pets are amazing at giving Unconditional love.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I thought I'd dig up an old thread for the dog loving Shacksters. My boy Atticus is a little over 2 years old now.

image-904780942.jpg

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Yes..that's what I do in my retirement..It's a pretty full on job with new dogs and my regulars coming through all the time..
I don't believe in kennels, so the dogs stay with me in the house..It can get pretty crowded at times but the owners love that their dogs are not in kennels..

Unfortunately some of those dogs in the photos have died, mainly because of old age..including Angie!..sorry to say..

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Yes..that's what I do in my retirement..It's a pretty full on job with new dogs and my regulars coming through all the time.. I don't believe in kennels, so the dogs stay with me in the house..It can get pretty crowded at times but the owners love that their dogs are not in kennels.. Unfortunately some of those dogs in the photos have died, mainly because of old age..including Angie!..sorry to say..
Sad yes but unfortunately the circle of life. I would think your house must get pretty hectic. When we board Atticus he goes to a place called Yappy Hour and they only kennel at night and the larger breeds go in dog runs. Last time we boarded him they said he had a problem with another male so he may no longer go in general population.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Super Cooper is family! I like to think of him as the worlds laziest Jack Russell! And when we go on vacation we board him at Russell's Unlimited aka my parents;).

Attachments

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Yappy Hour!!.:rofl: What a great name..

My dogs only sleep in the house, the rest of the time they're either lazing on the deck or running around the property chasing rabbits and foxes..
I only take a max. of 4 dogs at any one time, so it's not so bad..But 4 Labradors and the like can get a bit boisterous inside!!

I've only ever had one dog fight in 8 years and even that wasn't all that serious..I've been very lucky with dogs that I've had here..I think it's the new freedom they get which keeps them all happy..

41 - 60 of 93 Posts