Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
The great thing with boarding dogs is that I have a constant variety of dogs for company (and they do make themselves at home including sitting on the sofa with me) with no food bills and no vet bills..and I get paid as well! :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Took some good family photos for Thanksgiving. Here's our 2.5 year old Pit Bull rough housing with me. He's so good natured and herds my grandson when he gets away.

image-2867111291.jpg

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I'll play. I noticed only dogs in the thread, but the title is ambiguous so... This handsome feller is my rag doll, Sully. He is more like a dog than a cat, and loves to play tag. Still working on fetch, but I think he'll get it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Oh, by all means any species goes. I've always been a dog guy but part of the reason is I get itchy, sniffy, and sneezy around cats. Good looking cat though.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Thanks guys. He is super awesome. Jeff, this cat is supposedly a non, or low allergen type. We've had friends visit that are allergic, and even after a couple days they had no symptoms. Just so ya know. I am a dog guy too, but right now that'd be like another kid. Noooo!!!! Lol

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Thanks guys. He is super awesome. Jeff, this cat is supposedly a non, or low allergen type. We've had friends visit that are allergic, and even after a couple days they had no symptoms. Just so ya know. I am a dog guy too, but right now that'd be like another kid. Noooo!!!! Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've actually never owned a cat mostly for the reasons above. I also didn't know there were non allergenic breeds of felines. My wife grew up on a farm but the animals were never allowed in the house which I think is sad. In the years we've been together she absolutely loves our dogs and the safety and comfort they provide and they are truly members of our family. Bedtime is literally a dog pile in our bed. :)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I owned two cockatiels growing up, one got outside and flew away (I was really upset) and the other died of old age after 27 years of being with me. He would literally fly around the house till he found me and would sit on my head or shoulder all day if he had the opportunity. Diffidently can relate to animals being like family.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
I'll play. I noticed only dogs in the thread, but the title is ambiguous so... This handsome feller is my rag doll, Sully. He is more like a dog than a cat, and loves to play tag. Still working on fetch, but I think he'll get it soon.
He looks like a cat you don't want to mess with!! :D

I once had a cat that was part Egyptian Mau..with the Scarab beetle pattern on the head..
He was the closest thing to a dog I ever had!!..He would actually fetch a little rubber ball, bring it back and drop it at my feet waiting for me to throw it again!!
I never trained him to do that..he just did it!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
He looks like a cat you don't want to mess with!! :D

!
When its playtime, he does get pretty serious. Like band aid time. Most of the time though, he follows me around room to room and watches what I'm doing, while trying to get me to play. At bedtime he is leaned up against me or my pillow. Great with the kids too. I almost got an Egyptian mau instead. They are really amazing animals too, but now I don't know what I'd do without sully.
as you can see, he likes to help do paperwork. Yep, family.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I owned two cockatiels growing up, one got outside and flew away (I was really upset) and the other died of old age after 27 years of being with me. He would literally fly around the house till he found me and would sit on my head or shoulder all day if he had the opportunity. Diffidently can relate to animals being like family.
wow! 27 years? That's amazing. People don't usually think of birds like that that but once they bond with "their" person, it's tight

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
I don't consider the dog to be a family member but my wife does so that pretty much trumps any opinion I may have on the matter. 6-8 weeks ago the dog blew out a ACL, I tried to make a case that tripod dogs are cute and told my wife I would sharpen the hatchet....
Well that went over like a lead balloon and the dog had $1700 worth of ACL surgery instead.
This is a "mom's" haircut before the surgery and one of the dog lounging.

Attachments

81 - 93 of 93 Posts