Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sn::yikes::boxer::hsd:hi i have the onkyo 5009 i want to buy a docking station for the amp and i want to buy a iphone 5 will the up a1 docking station support iphone 5 if not what docking station can i use to connect to the onkyo 5009 and iphone 5 need help asap

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Have not used them myself but Onkyo has the DS-A5 docking station. I should think there are others out there as well.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Personally I would just get a $99 Apple TV. My Denon AVR-4520CI has AirPlay, but I never use it. Especially with HBO GO and Max GO support Airplay, the Apple TV makes that much more sense as most AVR's that offer AirPlay and most Docking Stations only support audio.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
It's nice that the 5009 is I-phone ready. Here's a link to the section in the owners manual.

http://www.uk.onkyo.com/downloads/1/9/7/0/5/Manual_TX-NR5009_TX-NR3009_En.pdf

It's in the "controlling other componets" section. Hope this helps.
Hello,
The problem is that most likely it only supports the audio portion. While that is quite convenient, being able to stream video like from HBO GO is amazing as it offers every single episode from every TV Series that have ever aired it utterly trounces what is offered from HBO On Demand. AirPlay in an AVR really is somewhat meaningless when for $99 you can get an Apple TV which offers far more functionality.
Best,
Jack

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
If the docking station uses the same connector (30 pin or lightning) as the iPhone 5 it should work fine.
If it uses Bluetooth it should work fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts