Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK shacksters. I DIY'd my 315HF-4 Dayton 12" driver. The box is ABSOLUTELY perfect, except for the fact that me and the guy building it got lazy, and drilled holes in the back to feed wires through. On louder volumes, I can feel the air coming out and hitting my face near the holes. In the higher range.. 80-90hz, I can hear some sort of 'resonating' or maybe its actually soundwaves escaping from the back of the sub. It sounds a bit funky. So should I get speaker terminals? or just apply silicone to the holes and seal them that way? thanks for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
If you want it to look right I would put the terminals on so it would be easier to connect and disconnect when you need to. But if you don't care about that then as mentioned the silicone will do the trick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do you go about sealing with silicone? should i do it from the inside and go around the wires or will doing it from the outside be fine?

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
drilling perfect holes for long bolts is a nice touch, using the bolts to connect the speaker wires inside and outside. air tight, sturdy connectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts