Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ive been contemplating working on the acoustics of my room for a while and ive been looking at a couple companies. So far the only thing im interested in from auralex is their lenrd's and the cornerfill's. I plan on using the lenrd's on the front and back wall-ceiling intersection and in 2 corners along with the cornerfill's that I wont be able to use a corner trap because of a door and a window.

So any ways back to the question...Are the lenrd's worth it?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Are the lenrd's worth it?
Understand that I'm biased because I sell a competing product. With that in mind, here is a direct comparison of the performance of Auralex LENRD bass traps to the MiniTraps and MondoTraps my company sells:

http://www.realtraps.com/data.htm

See the second graph down, near the top of the page. And please don't be shy about following up with any questions.

--Ethan

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
IMO, the LENRDs are not worth it. They're not very good in the subwoofer range and frankly, they're just not enough surface area unless you buy a ton of them. We have products that will absolutely do a MUCH better job down low than they will as does Ethan.

I wish I had a $ for every studio customer I have that comes to me asking for 'real bass treatments' after they bought LENRDs and found out they didn't work very well down in the very low end.

Bryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts