Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying the Galaxy CM-140 soon and I was wondering what kind of output does it have? I read through the REW Cabling and Connection Basics sticky and it seems to mention that the Galaxy CM-140 uses rca outputs. But I read a post on another thread where someone mentioned that it had a 1/8" output instead. So I'm a bit confused on whether I need to get a rca cable or 1/8" cable for it. Tia

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if my sound card has a stereo line-in would a stereo 1/8" to stereo 1/8" cable work? Or would I have to use a mono 1/8" to stereo 1/8" cable to hook up the Galaxy CM-140 to the sound card?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
So if my sound card has a stereo line-in would a stereo 1/8" to stereo 1/8" cable work?
No, you require a stereo splitter adapter at the soundcard to break out the left and right channel (of both the line-in and line-out).

brucek

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm about to purchase a Galaxy CM-140 along with a Behringer UCA202 USB soundcard for use on my laptop. I've seen brucek's REW wiring thread, and think that I don't need the Y-splitters because the UCA202 has separate RCA sockets for Left and Right. Similar to the original poster I'm not sure what connector I need at the CM-140 end or how to connect that to the UCA202.

The previous replies said it has a 1/8" connector. Pardon my ignorance, but does that mean a standard 3.5mm headphone jack? I just looked these up on Wikipedia and am now even more confused because there are mono and stereo versions. I'm assuming that the CM-140 has a mono 1/8" socket?

I think I need a cable with a mono 1/8" jack at one end to connect to the CM-140, and a RCA plug at the other end to connect to the UCA202. Is this right?

Thanks,
Pete.

·
Friend of the Shack
1,356 Posts
I'm assuming that the CM-140 has a mono 1/8" socket?

I think I need a cable with a mono 1/8" jack at one end to connect to the CM-140, and a RCA plug at the other end to connect to the UCA202. Is this right?

Thanks,
Pete.
Hi Pete,

Yep, the 1/8" is the same as the 3.5mm headphone jack. And yes, the Galaxy is mono out. So you're right -- use a mono 3.5mm to RCA and then go in on one channel of your sound card (since your sound card has separate L/R in, just use one or the other.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts