Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a computer which is used only for REW, running Windows XP. I have not changed any settings. Only changes are updates to Windows XP and Java. Now I can't get REW to work with either my ECM8000 or RS meter.

Figured I would use system restore. Get a message that system restore does not work...

Have a similar problem with my main computer, the HP scanner no longer works after an XP upgrade. Am I the only one who is having similar problems:hissyfit:?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ron,

I've found that if I unplug then replug my external sound card from my laptop, it'll change the settings in the soundcard setup window to the system default settings. REW won't run correctly without my changing them back.

Check those settings in case they're getting changed unknowingly.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Am I the only one who is having similar problems
I've had no problems... and I do get the regular XP updates too.

Under the Settings pulldown in REW, try the Delete Settings and Shutdown function. Then restart and set your preferences back up. Maybe that will clear the problem.

brucek

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it working. Unplugged the soundcard, turned computer on, turned it off (rainstorm coming). Turned it on with soundcard plugged back in and all is well. Thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts