Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro 13" from 2009 with os10.6.8 and a fast track ultra (and an ECM8000).
I try to use it with REW but it doesn't find it. In REW preferences, in the output device, i have "defaut device" and "java sound audio engine" and in input, I indeed have the fast track, but then I can't select any inputs...
So I did setup in OSX preference the fast track as an input and an output. The sound gets out from the fast track, but doesn't get in from the mic !
How can I get it to work with the fast track?? (And yes the 48V is on :))

Thank you very much.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro 13" from 2009 with os10.6.8 and a fast track ultra (and an ECM8000).
I try to use it with REW but it doesn't find it. In REW preferences, in the output device, i have "defaut device" and "java sound audio engine" and in input, I indeed have the fast track, but then I can't select any inputs...
So I did setup in OSX preference the fast track as an input and an output. The sound gets out from the fast track, but doesn't get in from the mic !
How can I get it to work with the fast track?? (And yes the 48V is on :))

Thank you very much.
REW can not "see" the inputs of your soundcard due to Java-Mac based issues .

REW does not work ( when running on the Mac OS ) with any USB based soundcard that has more than 2 inputs ( or with any FireWire soundcard what-so-ever, that's Mac based ) .

One possible solution is to read the top most sticky ( of this forum ) and then try implementing its' suggested solution .

- "Getting around the limitations of JavaSound on OS X"

:sn:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My apologies. The answer indeed was in the sticky post.
Saw it by the time you answered but thanks anyway !

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Hi,

If you do have success with the suggested workaround, would you please post ( your affirmative ) within the mentioned ( sticky )thread .

Thanks <> :sn:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts