Registered
1,784 Posts
Money ?? We dont need no stinking money....we can live through you

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Money ?? We dont need no stinking money....we can live through you
Hahaha, you'll have to find someone else to vicariously live through. I've been shut down. At least until the PS4K is released. :)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Nice pic. Love seeing the copper drivers. I think they play nicely with all the......blue...........lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Thanks Willis! I'm not sure it looks much different than my previous setup pic? From my seat it looks and sounds much better though.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I believe from your seat it would be much different. Also, yours is the most important one, as is mine. Lol. Ok, at the risk of crashing your thread, I know you like pics, and naked driver shots, and hts has been pretty slow. You inspired me to shoot a few this afternoon. Btw, still jealous. Lol

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Yes, it has been slow. Kinda scary because I love the site. Might not be appropriate but some of the upper management mod's didn't help with their exit messages. Anyway, no need to be jealous because that looks good and no doubt sounds good!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
I do love pics! Here's another pic taken yesterday with the 7 Plus. Again similar to previous but loving Atmos. Yes, I know rears and sides are too close but we work with what we have. Sounds amazing regardless.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Thanks. It does sound pretty good if I do say so myself. I can't help my imagination from imagining atmos tracks while watching movies. I do get a pretty decent overhead effect as my tweets are at 71". Still, not the same. Nice camera. It's about the only reason I'd consider an upgrade right now. Here's one more I shot today.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Thx Jeff. If you ever get to central mn, I'd be happy to invite you in and buy you a beer. Fresh squeezed IPA by deschutes is the best. 'Specially floating around in the boat. Just sayin!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Today is the big day. I've got all six speakers mounted up and ready to go. By the EOD I'll be ready for some Atmos action tonight. Pics to follow.

View attachment 119186
Did you have to modify the speaker to use the mount? I see the keyhole mount up high, but not sure if something is behind the Klipsch sticker/plate. Also, what mounts are they? It looks like the speakers are about 10 pounds each and that's pretty much the max for the ones I've been looking at. Are the height speakers supposed to be mounted horizontally? What's the advantage for horizontal vs. vertical orientation?

I really wish more bookshelves like these were available in white. I'll probably mount high on the front and rear walls, but white would still look better than black. I've been looking at DefTech Promonitor 1000's since they are white, have decent sized drivers in a reasonably sized enclosure, and the rest of my speakers are DefTech's, although I'm open to other choices. I have some time off around Christmas and I'd really like to install Atmos soon.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I do love pics! Here's another pic taken yesterday with the 7 Plus. Again similar to previous but loving Atmos. Yes, I know rears and sides are too close but we work with what we have. Sounds amazing regardless.
JBrax, nice Atmos setup! Looks like you're bouncing the overhead speakers off the ceiling, or am I just looking at them wrong?

Things have definitely been a little quieter around here lately, which I'm sad to see. Hopefully it's just cyclical and will pick up again. I know my interests tend to spread around and I drift in and out from time to time.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
JBrax, nice Atmos setup! Looks like you're bouncing the overhead speakers off the ceiling, or am I just looking at them wrong?

Things have definitely been a little quieter around here lately, which I'm sad to see. Hopefully it's just cyclical and will pick up again. I know my interests tend to spread around and I drift in and out from time to time.
No, the overhead speakers are angled down toward the seating positions. The mounts allow for moving the speakers which is also nice. It really has transformed the listening experience. It has been very quiet around here.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, I did order the Promonitor 800's (DefTech said they were pretty much just as good as the 1000's for Atmos), omnimounts and a big spool of wire. Looks like I'll be busy pretty soon. Pretty excited!

121 - 140 of 140 Posts