Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am living in Germany and have a small equipment to record some language tracks in my office.

Rode Mikrofon NT 1000 + Scarlet Focusrite 8i6 / INPUT: Low Gain // limited at 0 dB
direct into the computer with the help of Wavelab => WAV-file. I don´t have any big loudspeakers as I cut the tracks with a headphone. Up to today I just wanted to keep simple...

Lately I noticed that I have some problems with the deep frequencies (125 Hz = 0,8 sec reverberation time, 250 Hz = 0,8 Sek, 500 Hz = 0,4 sec.) although my husband had installed 60 basotect-cubes at the ceiling. (Therefore my husband an me did some measurements with the Room-EQ-Wizard and were asked to alter the range of the y-axis. Lately the y-axis showed a decibel-range from 60 dB up to 120 dB. How can I change this, so that the decibel-range starts at 0 dB?

Sorry, maybe this is a stupid question but we have looked in the user manual without finding this point. Can someone tell us to find it? Many Thanks in advance :dontknow:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Wayne,
thank you for answering so quickly. I just opened REW once again and looked for a dialog box. What I see are the items "Measure", Open, SPL-Meter….and "Preferences". Do I have to click on the Preference-Button first? Sorry, I just haven´t found it...

·
Registered
13 Posts
The box You are looking for , is on the right hand side , just above the right hand corner of the graph window . . . it has the name " Limits " on it , with both horizontal and vertical arrows in side the box .

Good Luck . . . Best Regards , Stephen

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, that´s so kind. As I am very busy these days I´ll try it out at the weekend and send a report. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Stephen,

this picture was very helpful. Many thanks. I just found the buttons to alter the picture of the measured items. May I load up the results after having done the measurement? (next time I can spend time on it, will be in about 14 days).

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
We'll be happy to comment on the results when you post them, ideally attach the .mdat file for the measurements. There is also an acoustics forum here (Home Audio Acoustics) where you can get good advice on the right kinds of acoustic treatment to use and how to use them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts